- This event has passed.
FREE Outdoor Dining & Takeaway Workshop with The Food Safety Company
April 29, 2021 @ 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
[et_pb_column type=”4_4″][et_pb_text admin_label=”Text”]
Free online training from The Food Safety Company
Who should attend:
Owners, managers, supervisors & staff working in food businesses, such as restaurants, hotels, food trucks, food pubs, café’s, farmers markets and any other visitor attraction with an outdoor dining or takeaway food offering.
Booking: Email info@Secad.ie with name, business, location, email & telephone number. Limited places so early booking is advisable.
Limited places on each programme.
Outdoor Dining Workshop
Course Length: 1 x 2hr Online Training using Zoom
Trainer: Callan Godsin of The Food Safety Company
Date and Time: Thursday 29th April (10am – 12pm)
Objectives: This workshop is designed to help the participant prepare for the Re-opening of outdoor dining, in line with current trends, innovations efficiencies and government guidelines
A variety of topics will be discussed, focusing on the following pillars to a positive reopening:
- Staff Training: who needs training, on what topics, and by when? What are the options for delivering training whilst ensuring social distancing is adhered too?
- Updating Menus: how to get the best from your suppliers whilst pleasing customers and catering to their preference alterations that have developed over the last six months, from utilising local, Irish produce to keeping up with social media trends. We will also discuss how to ensure your menus co-ordinate with the al fresco dining experience.
- Takeaway/ Deliveries: your obligations when operating as a takeaway or delivery service, from informing the relevant local authority to your responsibilities utilising third party delivery services. We will also discuss how to ensure you do not lose novel customers you have gained through your takeaway and/or delivery services to date, and the most effective packaging and presentation techniques to keep the customer coming back.
- Public Health Advice: how can you prepare to incorporate whichever guidelines and restrictions come alongside reopening possibilities.
- Communication: we will discuss the most effective method of staying in contact with consumers even when closed, and how to ensure people know you are planning on reopening with their safety as a priority.
- Government support: we will touch on the possibility of government supports, grants and aids, who might quality and how to apply.
There will be an opportunity for a Q&A at the end of the session in which attendees can discuss their ideas, concerns, and attitudes towards re-opening for the summer.